Wiley College is a member of Pi Kappa Delta and is the 2014 National Comprehensive National Tournament Champions. In 1935, Wiley College debated the top ranked Pi Kappa Delta school in the country, the University of Southern California. However, the win was not recognized, and Wiley's membership denied, The Great Debaters were finally able to claim the National Championship, which they dedicated to Melvin B. Tolson and the teams of the 20s and 30s.
Pi Kappa Delta Mission, Vision and Values:
PI KAPPA DELTA .......
- is the oldest national collegiate forensic organization?
- provided the model for the National Forensic League for high school students?
- sponsored the first national forensic tournament?
- was instrumental in the development of individual speaking events?
- contributed to the development of CEDA?
- has chapters throughout the continental United States and Guam?
- is a student-oriented forensic organization hosting a National Comprehensive Tournament and a
- biennial National Convention and Tournament?
- was one of the founding members of the National Council of Forensic Organizations (COFO)?
- is one of the organizations represented on the Committee for Intercollegiate Discussion and
- Debate which selects the national topics to be used each year?
- has maintained a comprehensive membership list of more than 80,000 alumni members?